BookEazy Technologies Private Limited is a young high-energy technology startup based in Pune, India. We’re a team of ambitious people with a vision to create intuitive, zero-effort consumer-facing technology that blends with the psyche of the Indian consumer. We’re crazy about using technology to solve a problem in a way that delights the customer.
We take a “no-compromise” excellence driven attitude only where it matters. So, we live in jeans rather than suits, discuss around couches rather than boardrooms, prefer open spaces to cubicles, and doing real work rather than clocking face-time. We promote a warm, informal and no-frills culture. We believe joy at work comes from meaningful contributions, participation in decision making and profits, and above all from fun and interactive relationships with peers and mentors.
Our company philosophy is:
- Winning matters.
- God is in the details.
- If you’re gonna think anyway, think BIG.
- We must have fun all the way.
Software Design Engineer.
Required technical skills:
- Professional experience with web application development in either PHP or Java.
- Understanding of scalable, multi-tier web application architecture.
- Basic familiarity with XML and XSLT technologies.
- Application development experience for the Linux – Apache – PHP – MySQL platform would be a definite plus.
- Understanding of HTML/DHTML and CSS standards is a plus.
- Familiarity with developer tools: Subversion/CVS, Bugzilla, Wiki is a plus.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with outstanding customer service.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals is a must.
- Design and develop scalable web service components and architecture
- Create and maintain test code and tools
- Manage and track the resolution of bugs
Besides technical skills, we value people who are proactive, detail-oriented, execution-focused and passionate about application usability. You may lack experience in some of the above skills but must demonstrate a strong willingness to learn.
We are a small, experienced and energetic development team. You will be exposed to all aspects of product development and in the process develop strong technical and interpersonal skills.
To apply for this position, email your resume to careers at bookeazy dot com. We get several resumes every day, be sure to mention [SUKSHMA] in your subject line. Please feel free to include any questions you have regarding this position or the company.